Wednesday, January 22, 2003

I'm about to pull one of those annoying moves that so endears us coastal dwellers to the rest of Canada. I am about to tell you something that, if you live in a place like Winnipeg where the temperature was -30 on Monday when I was there, will make you swear off reading this blog for a while.



Ready?



My daffodils are coming up.



I know, I know. It's insane really, that on January 22, our daffodils should be poking their heads through the soil, but there you go. That is the kind of winter we have had around here this year. It's El Nino of course, but that's no consolation for everyone in the rest of Canada, because the bubble of warm air that envelopes us is pushing cold air out of the Arctic and all over the rest of the continent. The result is freezing weather everywhere east of here, except Calgary, and huge dumps of snow in Newfoundland.



And flowers on the coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment